Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thrifty Finds

Today, we ran out to get detergent for his cloth diapers and kill an hour before nap time. I use regular poweder Tide on my diapers and they come out smelling clean and fresh. I am not a big fan of the "non-smelly" cloth diaper detergents and we use other detergents for our normal clothes. Anyway, I don't know about your area but is impossible to find a small box of Tide around here. They are HUGE and expensive. I don't have the space or money to justify buying such a large box even it will last into the next millennium. So I headed to my local Family Dollar store where they have small box for $5.25. I used a $1 off coupon and now I can go back to having clean smelling diapers.
After getting our detergent, we ventured down the local thrift store in the same shopping center. The first area I usually always check out is the boys clothing section to see if I can pick up any good deal on name brand stuff for E. Today was my lucky day! I scored three pairs of overall for $11 buck and change. One pair of jean OshKosh, another pair of jean OshKosh but shorts, and a pair of brown corduroy Arizona Jean Co. (cheaper). So there we have it, my boy will be again sporting overalls since the one we have before had become too small!

I really encourage all mama to try second hand shopping for your rapidly growing babes. I have found great success and am sure you will too. Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment