Thursday, January 27, 2011

I love the library!

Today was a odd day. Last night we had a snowstorm that resulting in a loss of power for lots of home in our area. We lost power at around 8:30 last night and we when we work up this morning, it was still out. Although work was delayed 2 hours, I refused to leave NK at home with E without any power. Plus, let's be honest...my crazy curly haired self did not want to be see at work without a shower. So I quickly developed a plan...breakfast! The roads were clear enough that we could got to breakfast and kill some time. Daddy decided to stay behind bundled underneath the covers. My sweet boy enjoyed a yummy, big breakfast at Cracker Barrel and came back home to see if we had power yet. Still now power, so we played for about an hour in our 56 degree house and that was about allI could stand. I called our local library and much to my suprise...they were open regular hours! So off we went to kill time before E's nap. It was awesome. There was barely anyone there. I checked out a few mamacentric books and they proceeded to the children's are where they have tables, puzzles, and a large busy box. Emory had a lovely time and I conversed with another mama while our children played. We even made a Valentine's Card for Veteran's down at the VA Hospital in Richmond. This was a special event the library was sponsoring this month. As such, the provided all the materials needed. I also swooped up the calendar of events for next month and plan to take Emory to at least one. What more can you ask for and all for free?

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. Pickle and I need to hit up our local library!

    ReplyDelete