Monday, January 17, 2011

Cloth Diapers, Continued

It is has been several months since I have been CDing on a more regular basis. It took me a little bit to get into my groove and figure out what worked best for us but once I got started there was little turning back. We still use disposables since NK is not keen on the whole cleaning poo issue but our consumption has been greatly reduced which saves money and the environment! My thought process about CDs has greatly evolved. I went from thinking I would only use them at night to using them all day and even going out with them. I just throw a small wetbag in my diaper bag and off I go! Heck I even bring along my cloth wipes! We do spend most of our time here at home because that is who we are but I am no longer afraid of the leaks. I experienced leaks with the Gs and it nearly did me in! Those days are long behind me and I now a CD advocate to other mamas. My current inventory consists of:

4 BumGenius V 3.0 AIO, Sized
2 BumGenuis V4.0 AIO, One Size
1 Smartipants AIO
2 Bummis Whisper Wraps, Medium
1 Bummis Superbrite Wrap, Medium
1 Thirsties Duo Wrap, Size 2
1 Thirstie Wrap, Medium
12 pre-fold diapers
6 hemp inserts

I really love all of my diapers and wraps except for the regular Thirsties Wrap. It is just too big for my narrow boy. He is so active that when he runs it starts slowly sagging down. So my cousin who has a little chunky monkey and I are going to trade her Bummis for my Thirties.

I am continuing down my path of more simple parenting and so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment