Saturday, December 11, 2010

Letting Go

Why is is that I feel the need to worry about things that are not within my control? I must constantly remind myself that I am not in control, God is. I am only responsbile for my actions. I wish I could say life was always easy and everyone in my life always got along but that is not my reality, never has been. In my world, the ghosts of the past reappear much too often and old wounds are renewed. And while I have no control over it, I do have control over how much I choose to let those things (people) impact me. I am my mother's daughter and a true optimist. I try to see the good in everyone and every situation. I don't want that ever to change, though life sometimes tries really hard to do so. So here I am again, handing it over to the Lord who is more than capable of handling my problems and knows the desires of my heart.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God.
Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment