Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Consignment Sales Rock!



This weekend I headed to a local consignment sale to see what deals I might be able to score for the kiddos. I had debated going all week but opted to go on the 50% off day. I figured is they had things great, if not oh well. I had been holding off on buying any girl clothes for the past few weeks and had instead been investing in some girly clother diapers and accessories. However, at half price who could resist? I first visited the toddler boys section and was pleasantly surprised at the things I found for E. I added some summer outfits, t shirts, short overalls (love), a pair of play shoes, and some pjs...score! Now onto the baby girl section...WOWZERS! I managed to use some discretion but did not pass over great deals on sleepers and dresses, oh the dresses! The dresses with bloomers to match! I was smart enough to plan out what sizes should would be wearing when as to not waste money on things she would never wear. After I was done with my mad dash shopping, did I mention my friend and I brought our two year old boys? I threw the bag onthe counter and waited with bated breath hoping I didn't spend too much. After the cashiers were done removing hangers and folding clothes, she announced my total $55.39. Holy cow, $55 bucks for all of the stuff. I smiled, thanked them for their help, and took my trash bag full of clothes to the car. I have vowed to never again go to the full price day and am relished in my purchases, already washed and in use for the boy.

Now don't ask me about my splurge at Carter's yesterday...it couldn't be helped. But at least it was on sale?






No comments:

Post a Comment