Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sweet Moments









After finding out I was expecting baby #2, I made a conscious decision not to waste the remaining one on one time I had with E. While of course I am excited about meeting our new baby, I didn't want to let these days where it is just him and I slip away. I have taken time to go to lunch together, visit friends, hang out at local parks, have pj days, and enjoy our one on one time together. One such opportunity presented itself earlier this week. Unfortunately, my husband told me in the wee hours of Monday morning that he was feeling pretty awful and asked if I could stay home. Of course! After spending a good part of the weekend on the road attending my 10 year college reunion (more on that at another time), I was more than happy to take another day at home. So when E woke up before 7am, it was no big deal. I just pulled him into our bed since NK had relocated to the couch. He watched his PBS programming while I continued to doze. We went downstairs, had breakfast and enjoyed a leisurely morning while NK took time to sleep/rest. With the outside temps climbing, I decided it would be a good idea to get E outside for some water play. So out came the baby pool and sprinkler! It was quite a treat for a mid-April day and we loved every minute. The rest of the day followed our normal routine with lunch, nap, playtime, dinnertime, bath time, etc. It was an amazing day for E and I. I was smiling from ear to ear and relishing in our time together. I even took some time during his nap to look through the journey of his life so far. This boy, this amazing soul, stole my heart well before his birth. At any given time, he has both my and his daddy's hearts in the palm of his tiny hand. So even on a day like today when he woke me up several time through the night, I can still say I love being his mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment