Monday, April 23, 2012

Accepting Imperfect

While I have made the whole point of this blog to be about accepting the "imperfect" parts of my life, it is still tough at times to do. I had one of those weekends where I was struggling to accept the less than perfect. I struggled with my tiredness from pregnancy, my round figure, this stupid cold I can't kick, my less than perfect marriage...you name it. And so you know where that got me? NO WHERE except depressed and lethargic. So on Saturday afternoon I "got over myself." This is a common phrase my husband and I use to remind each other that life isn't that bad and we need to suck it up. So after a nice hot shower (with no interruptions) and a good nap, I got about the business of "getting over myself." I took E outside to play while my husband labored over a new flower bed in our backyard. I enjoyed myself and let go. It made all the difference and then came the rain. There is something about a good rain storm or a rainy day that washes away, physically and symbolically, the funk. So yet again, I am ready to accept and enjoy my imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment