Friday, March 30, 2012

Make Up Free Friday

I have to admit that I have never been the person who can't leave the house with make up on. In fact, I rarely wear makeup on my days or weekends off. However, I do wear it daily to work. I have noticed that the condition of my skin is a little different with this pregnancy, I don't feel like I have the same "glow" that I did with Emory. My face breaks out more often and it is a little splotchy which makes me feel a little self conscious. But why? Why does it matter so much? Do I really look that different with make up? I tested this theory two weeks ago on a Friday. I wore no make up and came in with only my freshly washed face and delightful rose mosturizer. I asked one my co-workers, who I deam to be a honest broker, if I looked ok. Her response, you look the same! So my plan is to go make up free on Fridays from now on with maybe the exception of a little mascara and lip gloss. This will give my skin a chance to breath and allow me to be more comfortable in my own skin (pardon the pun). I need to enjoy this stage of my life when I still have youth on my side. Who knows maybe with a little time the glow may return!

No comments:

Post a Comment