Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Kitchen Window


For as long as I can remember, I had always hoped that my "forever" home would have a window right above the sink. I thought it would make the chore of washing dishes a little less mundane if I could look out the window and day dream. I got just what I wished for in our house. There is a big window right above my sink and the backdrop is absolutely perfect. While we do live in suburban neighborhood, we are fortunate enough to have nearly two acres of land most of which is in our back yard. Our back yard is full of trees and creek so there is plenty to look at during each season. The unexpected bonus is the swing set right below the window where there are simply three swings. When we first moved in I was about 5 months pregnant and full of whimsical sentimentalism. I would wash dishes in my less then perfect kitchen and dream of the day when my children would be out in the yard playing and swinging. There have been many days where I have seen that day dream come to fruition but none more perfect than yesterday. Yesterday was gorgeous, very warm day here in Virginia. And after Emory's nap, his Daddy took him outside to play and enjoy the weather while mama stayed in to cook dinner. And I was at my sink washing and peeling potatoes I looked out my window and there it was perfection. Emory running down to the swing set to "belly swing" with his Daddy not far behind. He entertained himself with that for a little bit and then his tiny hand grabbed my husband's to walk the "trail" in our backyard. There they were my two boys walking in our woods on a Saturday afternoon, my heart was so full and then I remembered...this was my dream come true. Thank you Lord for granting me this blessing. I will treasure it always.

No comments:

Post a Comment