Monday, January 16, 2012

Be careful what you wish for...

I believe most toddler mamas can relate, especially those who mother boys, when I say sometimes you want them to slow down a little. Just so you can ease into the day or enjoy a leisurely afternoon at home or even have a peaceful evening!

Well, now I am wishing for my normal toddler boy to return. We have been dealing with one heck of a virus since late Thursday. Since then here is what our weekend has looked like:

-Two trips to the Pediatrician
-Chest X rays
-Nebulizer Treatments every 4-6 hours
-Countless doses of Tylenol
-Checking Temperature every few hours
-Cleaning up vomit...two nights in a row
-Laundry, laundry, and more laundry
-Pleading with E to eat and drink
-Waking up throughout the night to adjust blankets and soothe
-Dealing with whining, lots of whining
-Oh and temper tantrums
-Hours of Sprout
-Hylands Chest and Cough Meds
-Wiping running noses (his and mine)
-Disinfecting
-Mama drinking tea, popping Vitamin C, and praying to avoid the same illness

My 4 day weekend has turned into a rotation at the infirmary. So yes please, give me back my busy toddler and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment