Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Break

I remember when I was in school how much I looked forward to seasonal breaks.  In fact, it was one of the biggest disappointments when graduating and joining the real world.  Spring break, Christmas break, and Summer break no longer had the same meaning that is until I had children.  For the past few years I have really only taken a break in the summer and at Christmas but this year I made a "resolution" to take more time during the traditional breaks during the year to spend with my children.  This is enhanced by the fact that Emory is now attending a school versus a child care center so the breaks are embedded into the calendar. (They do continue to provide care throughout the week). So this week I will be departing a little early on Tuesday afternoon and taking off the rest of the week.   I am excited about spending time with our friend and family as well as accomplishing a few forgotten tasks.  Here is what we have on tap so far!

-Passover Dinner with our friends the Lummers on Tuesday
-Mama day on Wednesday-Lunch with my friend E and shopping!
-Gardening-Cleaning up flower beds, mulching, starting seeds, and maybe planting a few purchases flowers
-Dying Easter Eggs
-E to Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt with Grammy on Thursday evening
-Panera Breakfast
-Barber Shop for E
-L to the mall for new shoes that properly fit
-Park and snack picnics in the afternoon
-Library visit
-Making Easter crafts/food-Resurrection Rolls and cookies
-Easter Service at Church
-Easter dinner with family
-New bikes???

These are just a few of the things I am excited about for the week, we will see how the week pans out.  My main goal is to do some inexpensive but out of the house activities with the kids so they can enjoy "Spring Break."

No comments:

Post a Comment