Thursday, April 24, 2014

Comfort found in a bowl of oatmeal...

There are many days when my mama guilt seeps in and I allow myself to wallow in mama guilt when I drop my children off at their schools in the morning. But then there are days like today when I see the love their teachers have for them and take such good care of them. I see how well they adjust to the routine and enjoy being there. 

This morning I watched my little princess go into her class in time for breakfast.  She sat down and waited patiently for the teachers to serve her a tiny cup of oatmeal with fresh sliced pears. She was just too precious.

I headed next to drop off little handsome.  Breakfast was technically over and was time for clean up but the teachers offered him breakfast anyway. The teacher knew his favorite flavor and it totally set his tone for the morning.  She was added in organic raisins as I left. All the while, his lead teacher was telling me what an awesome day he had yesterday.

So today, there is no guilt only peace and affirmation that Nick and I have made amazing choice for our children.

Who knew there could be so much comfort found in a bowl of oatmeal? As a matter of fact, I think I will whip some up for myself now!

No comments:

Post a Comment