Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring Break Check In

It has been a good week so far! We kicked off our Spring Break by attending a Passover Sedar at our friends' new home.  The kids has a wonderful time and I was so happy to participate in their family tradition.  I learned a little about the rules and traditions of Passover for their family and enjoyed some amazing food! I am not sure exactly what I expected but for a carb loving girl, I found plenty of delicious options and left with a full tummy.

Yesterday was more of a mama day. The kids slept in until they woke up which is a treat in itself.  Emory and I dropped off Leia at her daycare and we enjoyed a breakfast date a Panera.  I didn't realize how long it has been since we had done that until we sat down and I snapped a picture. Emory has his staple that he loves, the Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with LOTS of butter and a chocolate milk.  As for me, I change up my entree a little bit but always have the Hazelnut coffee with raw sugar, half/half, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  It is delicious! After dropping off Emory, I went back home to do some task on my list.

I took the mid week day off to meet my friend, E, for lunch a Pho restaurant.  We are more than slightly obsessed with it and do not have it often.  It isn't really a place to bring the kids.  There is just something about small kids and a steaming bowl of soup that doesn't mix well! After lunch, we headed to mall for a couple of hours of shopping.  All in all it was a great way to spend my afternoon.

I did early pick up for the kids and we came home to make Resurrection Rolls. You can find the recipe and the special meaning here.  The rolls were delicious!!
http://womenlivingwell.org/2013/03/3-meaningful-easter-activities-for-kids/

The evening was pretty standard with outside playtime, baths, and bed. Today we are heading to Mount Vernon Estate for a play date.  It is beautiful property with plenty of space for kids to explore.  I am looking forward to a low key afternoon and naps when we return.





No comments:

Post a Comment