Friday, January 11, 2013

Why didn't I think of that?!?

It is funny how we become so overwhelmed with our own lives and problems that we fail to see the most obvious answers right in front of us.  After another week of pumping with less that satisfying results, I was talking to my good friend C.   I was so frustrated I just broke down into tears.  She calmed me down (like always) and started offering solutions.  Some I shot down because I ama brat that way. ;o)  But then I spun into a tagent about why the low milk supply made it so hard for me to take Lia to school on my telework days or times when I legitimately needed to without feeling overcome with guilt and pressure.  She offered a solutin.  Since my house is so close to their day care, why don't I go over and nurse her during the day.  I wanted to dispute it.  I wanted to tell her that I couldn't but then it hit me...DUH! Why hadn't I thought of that? I could certainly go over on my lunch break and nurse my daughter, right?   That day at pick up, I poked my head into the Director's office to ensure it wouldn't be a problem.  Of course, it was not problem with them!   I am allowed access to my children or their classrooms any time I want.  Wednesday rolled around and I informed the teacher that I would try to come back over during my break.  And as my luck would have it the break in my work day aligned perfectly with Leia's next feeding.  I jumped in the car and 5 minutes later I was at her school.  She was tickled to see me, they let me use the glider and I chatted with the infant teachers while feeding my baby girl.  BEST IDEA EVER! I was more relaxed the whole day knowing I was going to be able to feed her and not stress about pumping. I am blessed to have good friends who give good advice and great day care teachers who go the extra mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment