Saturday, January 19, 2013

Just being 3

It is amazing when I look back to when this blog started and Emory was so little and now he is 3! The toddler and preschool years have certainly brought their challenges but we are making our way to a really great place. In the past few months since is birthday, he personality has blossomed. While their are certainly times that he drives me a little bonkers, if I stop, take a breath, and allow myself to be in the moment he still totally rocks my world! Here are just a few of my favorite things about my son that make my heart skip a beat.

-He still sleeps with Lula every night. He has also added a small cloth bear that he received when visiting Leia for the first time at the hospital.
-He listens to the same lullaby CD every night that he listened to as a baby.
-We listen to Wee Sing CDs in the car and he sings along happily kicking his feet.
-He runs to hug me saying, "Mommy, Mommy!" each day when I pick him from school.
-He makes his sister laugh, kisses her at night, and goes to her if she is crying. He tells her "It's OK Leia, Emory is here."
-He finds fun in everything. His imagination is amazing.
-He says " I lub you."
-He dances without reservation.
-He pretends to be a rock star with sunglasses and his play guitar.
-He loves the story of Baby Jesus.
-He remind me to be careful, drive slowly, and lock the doors.
-He eats a tiny piece of chocolate in several bites, savoring it rather than shoveling it in.
-He loves his Daddy and tries to be just like him.
-He is always ready to do chores, cook or clean.
-He says, " I had a nice nap" when he wakes up from a long slumber.
-His hair sticks up in the back. :o)

It is crazy that even as I write this, I am tearing up a little? This list could go on and on but this is just what comes to my mind this morning. I know that he will not be little for long and that these days are flying rapidly by. I pray that each morning I will remember this and live in the moment with both of my children. And not just my children but my husband as well, because tomorrow is not promised. So I am going to continue to remind myself that a perfectly cleaned and organized home is not important and that one day I will have time for all of that but my children will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment