Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's a family day.

Each day when Emory wakes up, he normally asks me..."is it a nice day?" This is code for is it OK for me to get up yet?  The next question or statement has to do with school.  And on the days when we say "No Buddy, it's not a school day." You can tell he does a silent cheer because that means it is a family day.  Nick and I use this term to reassure Emory the day will not be filled with busyness but time spent together as a family.  This is especially important now that we are a two parent working family.  I admit this without apology that we are indeed homebodies.  We really truly love being home and have been this way for some time.  Part of this is caused by the fact that we live in a metropolitan suburb and weekends mean the crazies are out.  ;o)  Our family days usually consist of extended pajama time, lots of play, and just hanging around the house.  I do my best to run the majority of our errands on my telework day or on my Friday. Of course there are still times when we must venture out to run errands but my hubby has made it a point to do this together as a family so it is indeed still a "family day."  We also nap together, we cook together, and we spend time with our kids.  This  time is important because it gives us time to get our house and bodies in order before we start another busy week.  And of course there are times when we attend special events or play dates!  I know that the concept of staying home with two kids on the weekend would drive some people crazy and I get it but for us, staying close to home is just what we all need to reconnect after a week filled with schedules and commuting.

No comments:

Post a Comment