Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Short Week

Now that I have Emory, the concept of a "short week" just doesn't have the same meaning as it used to. Not to mention we are hosting my family for Thanksgiving tomorrow. All was going on as planned until... Sunday night. N ow I am not sure how other working mamas feel but I personally despise Sunday nights. The day starts off so well with church or pajama time and end with the realization that tomorrow I have to wake up and head to work. This week was not bad, we had a particularly nice Sunday with a visit from friends although it was off because E didn't nap as scheduled. Anyway, I was determined to take a different approach this week. You know, try to be more organized and be grateful for my job, etc. But then around 10pm Sunday night, I realized I had this burning fire in my throat!! Seriously?!?! I have way too much to do this week to be sick, as ridiculous as that sounds. My body laughed at this thought and the illness dredged on. I went to my homeopathic staples and mainstream medicine but by Tuesday morning my throat was so swollen and sore that I cringed every time I had to swallow. Well after two night of Nyquil and a long nap yesterday afternoon (E was with my mom) I woke up this morning feeling somewhat better.

So today I am thankful for ....

MY HEALTH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment