Saturday, April 17, 2010

A productive weekend!

I am really enjoying my long weekend. For those of you who don't know, I worked a compressed schedule which allows me to work 8-9hr days, 1 8hr day, and have off every other Friday. It is so nice having and extra day at home. Also, with my new job I am able to work from home every Tuesday which I I love!

My MIL is visiting for a week so NK and I have really been able to get some things done while E is bonding with Nana. Yesterday was weeding, cleaning, and mulching our large flowerbed. It looks great! Now we get to do the fun part....picking out what to plant. Definitely exhausting but time well spent.

Today I tackled E's room/closet. We have been blessed with tons of hand me down clothes but I hadn't had the time to go through them all. That coupled with tons of clothes he had outgrown was leaving his room out of sorts. I had vowed that no matter the condition of the rest of the house, his room will be neat and organized! I purchased plastic separators that you label with the size on them in order. Now E's closet is completely organized with clothes from 6mths (barely fitting) to 18 months. Another effort that was time well spent because now I know what he has and there is no need to go buy anything!

Finally on Sunday, I tackled out basement. Our basement is fully finished but has been mostly unutilized since we moved in. Recently Nick set up air mattresses .end tables in the a guest room on one of the rooms for guests staying over for my birthday weekend. I liked it so much, I asked him to keep it that way. I need to get in there and do some fine tuning (aka decorating) but he was off to a great start. With the help of my MIL we set up the rec room. Cleaned, organized and decorated using some of Nick's Red Sox memorabilia. We have a futon and tv on one side and a card table ready for poker on the other. We also allow the dogs to play with their toys in that area. I am really pleased with how it has turned out. It was a NO COST makeover. The basement still needs to be painted but until then we still have a usuable space. Nick has done so much to help me feel comfortable in the new house, especially while I was pregnant, that I really wanted to do something nice for him in return.

All in all, I had a great weekend which was super productive. Nick and I even managed a date night on Saturday. We had a few drinks...alone! It was like old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment