Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas was awesome because....

-My Saviour was born.
-Family, friends, and tastey treats.
-A husband who went out shopping, wrapped presents, and shared the excitement of Christmas with his children.
-A little boy who is convinced the Polar Express is coming on Christmas Eve, uses a light saber to battle his daddy, and doesn't forget it is Jesus' birthday.
-A little girl in prissy dresses, a baby doll stroller, and loved unwrapping presents.
-Friends who stop by on Thursday nights just to hang. (Love you CF)
-Work brunches with the most amazing food.
-Warm cinnamon rolls and hot coffee on Chirstmas morning.
-My sister, Ali, bought me new Pajaamas.
-Homemade gifts inspired by Pinterest.
-A few days off with the hubby.
-We baked Kiernan cookies.

I love Christmas every year but this year was particularly amazing. My heart was focused where it should be and for the most part I avoided the usual overwhelmed feeling. I enjoyed a few days and actually took time for myself and Nick.  I am still enjoying the Christmas light and decorations in our home for a few days longer. I am sad to see the season go but glad to be into a fresh new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment