Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Holidays

As the month of November began, in normal fashion there has been an influx of commericials and media focused on the holidays.  The "self help" articles are all over the place as well.  How to enjoy the holidays, make it less stressful, more simple, etc.  While I appreciate and have read may of those types of articles, this year it seems uneccessary to me.  I am not stressed about the holidays. I have purchased a few items already and have ideas for others. I am not focused on making it perfect, attending so many events, and anything of the sort. I am so much more focused on being with my family and being thankful for what we have.  I want to enjoy the time off with my family at home, that is really the best gift at all. We are already so abudently blessed that is not one gift was under our tree or stockings were empty we would be far better off than most people throughout the world.  So as Thanksgiving approaches, I am going to truly thank God for the blessings and provisions he has given to me not because an article told me to but because it is what is in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment