Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014

I rang in 2014 with a virus rather than a bang! I slept through midnight to get much needed rest. And you know what? I am totally cool with that!  We worked on NYE and had no real plans so it was fine. I did enjoy a lazy day of on New Year's Day.

In the last few weeks of 2013, I started thinking about my goals for the New Year. Though I am still working on real defined goals, my over all focus is to spend a little more time working on me. The kids are doing great and will naturally take what they need. Nick's job is great and his is plugging along in his class. So this year, I am planning to put a little more effort into myself so I continue to take care of my family. Here are a few things I am doing or plan to do in 2014.

-Wednesday night Bible Study starting January 8
-Yoga classes-I bought a 31 pack of classes to use over the next year with Christmas money.
-Work out a minimum of 2 times per week at work. The goal is at least Tuesday and Thursday.
-Use at least one day of annual leave per quarter just for me. I will use this day to get a pedicure, hike, go to lunch with a friend or do a home project.
-Read more. I have loaded lots of books on my Kindle, some fiction and some non-fiction.
-Update my resume. Do some career planning. Take a continuing education class or two.
-Be more intentional about my friendships. See friends who I have not seen in too long!

These are just a few goals I have set for myself this year. I hope this year has started off well for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment