Wednesday, June 19, 2013

" I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

In the middle of every day life, I sometimes forget to thank God for how blessed I am to have these two beautiful children. I can still remember the days in our marriage where it was just two of us and how badly I ached wanting to have children. I would cry each time we heard of a yet another new pregnancy within our group of friends and family, though I would try to hide it from Nick.  Looking back I am sure I did a miserable job.  While I felt ready to have children, my husband needed more time.  Oh, I would pout but then there were other times that I would just pray.  God assured me that it would happen but I needed to patient.  It wasn't about what was the right time for everyone else.

I know now that His timing was perfect, He knows what we need and when...all the time. As I stare into the precious faces of our children, I sometimes have to catch my breath as I am overwhelmed by Gd's gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment