Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finding peace

I joke from time about how I need to settle down and find my "zen". You know the peaceful place where you are able to find joy and calm despite the chaos that surrounds you? At times, my personality conflicts with my desire to find calm. I am not sure my personality can be summed up in a "type" per se because I am a bit of an oxymoron. Fiery one minute, sensitive the next, carefree then worrisome, content and yet controlling. See? I am confusing!

So lately, I find myself at a crossroads. I am living the life I dreamed of but not HOW I dreamed I'd live it. So it is time to start again on my path to finding the peace and contentment in each day. I fully recognize there are things about my life that present challenges to this goal, like having a sometimes stressful job, living in the metro area and being the mother of a rambunctious toddler. Despite these things, I am determined to go down this path so I can feel good about the way I am living.

Here are my thoughts on how I will do about finding my "zen".

-Set time aside for prayer and meditation
-Spend time falling in love all over again. Stop and enjoy the man I married, put him back towards the top of my priority list
-Continue to stop and enjoy the moment with E
-Keep work frustrations in perspective (AKA Hold my tongue)
-Express gratitude for my blessings
-Enjoy nature by taking walks
-Schedule time for physical fitness
-Watch the things I put into my body
-Practice Yoga
-Plan for the the work week by picking out clothes, planning for lunches
-Stop hitting SNOOZE
-Ask for help
-Pet my pets (2 dogs and 1 kitten)
-Write, draw or paint for no purpose other than my own enjoyment
-Read books that I find interesting, fictional or non-fictional
-De clutter/downsize

I will continue to revisit this topic from time and let you know how it is coming along. The walk down this path really started for me last week. I am finding myself a little more calm already. The work week has started off more smoothly and I am realizing how greatly my sense of peace can impact my home and those that live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment