Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Reason why I love my son...



I am taking this idea from one of my sweet mama friends. She was having a challenging morning with her two girls under 2 and decided that rather than melting down herself that she would write 10 things that she loved about each of her daughters. Well, we also had a rough night with E even though we tried our best to keep him entertained by going walking and to a park. By the time we got back to our house, he was in full tantrum mode which followed us through shower time and into bedtime. During that time, I teetered on the verge of negative thoughts like , "He doesn't love me as much as his daddy" or "He hates me because we made him eat dinner." After my freshly bathed son was tucked into bed, I kicked the negativity out of my head and chalked it up to the challenges of toddler hood (for parents and toddlers). I really do love my son with all my heart, trying as it may be at times, I can't imagine a day without him. So in his honor, 10 things I love about my son.

1) I love that his new wake up routine includes snuggling in bed with mama and daddy.

2) I love that he sits in my lap to read books.

3) I love than he has tons of energy and loves to play outside.

4) I love that he drinks milk and says "ah" afterward.

5) I love that he drinks water with citrus fruit.

6) I love the way he sweet voice sounds when he says..."sure".

7) I love that he picks up a new word everyday.

8) I love how his body smells after he has been bathed and had lotion put on.

9) I love that he is a routine baby, if you do something once, that must be the way you should always do it.

10) I love the each morning when he gets up, he is happy and ready to meet the day. (Mama should take this approach)


For all of these reasons and so many more, I love my son with all my heart. I had never really imagined how it would be to have a son given the predominance of women in our lives but it certainly was the best gift I could have ever asked for.

I love you EAK.

No comments:

Post a Comment