Thursday, February 17, 2011

Conspiracy??

I honestly think children have a conspirancy against us parents. I think their motto is "Keep 'em guessing." Has anyone else realized throughout their parenthood experience there seem to be no constants and tons of exceptions. You know like when you learning grammer , your teach explains a "rule" and then goes on to list the ten exceptions to that rule. Confusing, right? I found the same to be true in my mothering of EAK. Here are few examples:

-E was down to one bottle, right? Nope! Right after I posted about him self-weaning, his papa said he went back to having the afternoon bottle that he has been refusing. So back we went to 2 bottles, and now guess what? Yesterday, he only frank about 2 ozs before losing interest. So which is it kid? Do you want one bottle or two? I don't really care either way right now but I'd like to not waste money!

-E had been making great strides in transitioning to milk from toddler formula. His bottle were 90% milk with only a little formula. That has been going on for over a week so I decided for one of his bottles to do just milk...bam! The tummy troubles started which spurred the rash/raw bottom...so back to formula we go!

There are tons of other examples that we have gone through over the past 17 months. So this mama will continue to remind herself that there are no constants in motherhood.

Maybe one day these children will confess to the conspiracy??

No comments:

Post a Comment