Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beyond time

Before I start this, let me make a disclaimer. This meant to be about me, not a judgement of others.

140-what? I mean seriously? When I stepped on the scale to see 143lbs! That is just outrageous. for I have now exceeded my pre-pregnancy weight and the scale is still rising. I am less concerned about the numbers on the scale but rather what they represent. They represent a woman who has become sedentary. A woman who has pushed her health and fitness to the back burner. I am angry at myself for not living up to my own goals. And more importantly, I feel like I have let down my family. I want to be a role model for my son and a healthy/fit wife for my husband.

It is beyond time for me to get back into my regular work out routine. I have become "that" mom that I never wanted to be. You know thet one that sustains on lots of coffee and "doesn't have time" to work out. I am extremely disappointed with the way I have been living lately. How is it that I managed to workout my entire pregnacy but feel of the wagon afterward? I could make excuses about how busy I am..blah, blah, blah. That is BS. I have a gym 3 minutes from my office and the flexiblity to use it at any time. My boss supports us taking time to work out. I could probably take time to comtemplate a list of reasons why I have stopped working out or where I lost motivation but that would only waste more time. I am looking forward not backward.

The good news is I have done much better this month. I have been working out more and hav slowly started re-forming the habit. I will be spending the next few days gathering a plan of attack that is realistic and attainable. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment