Saturday, November 7, 2015

Laundry

Like many busy families, the task of keeping up with laundry can be a challenge. I have started doing a few thing that have made it easier to keep up and have changed my mindset so I thought I'd share.

1) I try to do one load per day several days a week. Sort at night, wash in the morning. If I time it right, I can get it into the dryer by the time we leave the house for the day. I either fold  at night or the next morning.

2) I sort all the clean clothes in to individual baskets by person. This makes the putting away so much easier! I am no longer running room to room.

3) I am constantly downsizing clothes. The kids have too much, we all have too much!  I am not where I want to be yet, but I am working on it. Less clothes means, less pile up.

4) Having a washer, dryer, and clothes is a blessing. We sometimes overlook the simple things. I remind myself that this chore is a sign of how blessed I am to have family, clothes to wear, and live in a home with all these conveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment