Friday, August 8, 2014

Summer is Summer

Leia has adopted a love of reading.  She loves to read book and have them read to her.  She will bring a book over to either her daddy or me and say, "Be book" with a slight inflection in her voice.   In 2 year old speak with is actually "read book?" Each night we read stack of board book and other books of her choosing.  Her favorite is a book called, " Summer is Summer."  I am not sure why she is drawn to it.  Maybe it is because she is a Summer baby.   It is a book that is short on words and gorgeous pictures.  It walks through all of the things we associate with the Summer season such as the beach, fireflies, and ice cream.  I love this book too because it reminds of all the things we should take time to enjoy during this time of year.  It is no secret that Fall is my favorite time of year but this year I have been careful not to wish away Summer.  The days are longer and you just feel relaxed.

Fall brings about the start of a new school year and Emory's first year of Kindergarten.  Nick will return to school for his program and soccer will start.  Sunday school classes will begin at Church and life just gets a little..well busier.  Now, don't get me wrong I will be doing my normal happy dance as the Fall decorations and scents roll out, the weather cools, Football starts, and the leaves begin to fall.  But for now, I am going to soak in all the scents, sights, and tastes that Summer has to offer.  I will leave you with a quote from Leia's favorite book.

"And that's how it goes when a rose is a rose, and Summer is Summer is Summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment