Sunday, August 24, 2014

I am going to stop trying to...

..be two people at one time.  You see since I became a mom nearly 5 years ago I have developed a bit of a split personality.  I have tried to be a stay at home mom and a working mom all rolled into one.  You can't do it! The result of this is an immense load of guilt when you feel as you are failing in one area or the other.  Let me clarify and say that my family is my priority over work but that does not mean I have to feel bad for giving an honest day's effort in the office or putting time into my career.  I recently read a totally enlightening article which talked about how all moms whether you stay home, work at home, or outside of the home have insecurities about the path they have choosen.  Everyone has hard days and feeling of guilt.  This article also explained that your child's ultimate happiness is connected to your happiness.  Mama is happy=kids are happy. GENIUS!

For me, this struggle to be two people at once has not benefited me or my family. In fact, the end result is an emotionally strained and exhausted mommy.  I truly believe God has placed me where I am for this season and I need to embrace it. No more comparisons, no more feeling less than another parent.  My husband and I work very hard to make a sure our children are well taken care of in all aspects.  Certainly, there is no shame in that.  I plan to flush of all of those negative messages of "mommy wars."  Motherhood and parenting is hard enough with adding any additional pressure on ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment