Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Lunch Bag

 
 
Isn't this the cutest lunch bag? Our dear friends, the Lummers, got this Skip Hop bag and packed it with a special adventure kit for Emory on his 3rd birthday.  He loves thet bag but unfortunately we weren't getting much use out of it except the field trip he had earlier this year.  That is until I had a great idea on the fly.  You see Emory loves to stop at Chick Fil A or other places to get a treat when we are out.  We don't do it very often and when we do, he does not dig the drive through.  He likes to go in, play or sit down.  Well life with two littles and a year with a keen focus on our budget doens't always allow for this so about a week ago we were heading the doctor where they have "magical" vending machines filled witth treats and soda (thanks for that Kaiser).  So naturally Emory wanted to get a snack there. I NEVER have much change and it can be quite a disappointment for him. Not too mention the items aren't the best for his health.  So as he was informing me of his desire to get a snack at the doctor's office, the lightbulb went off...why don't we grab that adorable bag and pack it?  He fell for it. Hook, line, and sinker.  This solves so many issues for me.
 
1) I don't have to cram all kinds of snacks in my bag.
2) He get to pick his own snacks and therefore more likely to eat them.
3) It makes him feel like a big kid.
4) It save me time and money when I am out running errands with two little ones.
 
Thankfully, I already have thermal bags for everyone else in the family so I can just throw items in for everyone and we can be on the road fairly quickly.  so while we are out, not one gets cranky for being hungry.  I might add this is not exactly a ground breaking idea in our household.  My husband brings his own beverages almost everywhere and normally has a snack or two in one of the pockets of his thermal bag.  Also, when Emory was smaller we would bring his food items with us to restaurants, road trips, and visits. So let's just call it s throw back. ;o)
 
So even if you think your kids are too small to "pack a lunch, " I would still recommend getting a lunch bag/box for them. They will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment