Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow Days

Do you and your family enjoy snow days? We sure do! We received a big snow storm this week with literally a foot of snow on the ground. It is funny to me to see how passionate people are one way or the other about cold weather or snow.  Now maybe it's just because I am a Virignia gal but I really love the climate here. We have distinct seasons with snow during Winter being just one part.  My parents always loved the snow and passed that on to my sisters and I. It was always a big event for us with my Dad yelling for us all when the first flake fell (no matter the time of day).   My sisters, mom, and I still always race to be the first one to text when it is snowing.  Though we all live apart, is nice to have the connection.

For my little family, the snow is chance for us to check out of the busyness of life and be together. My husband must always venture out into the snow to get something mostly just to prove he can drive in any weather. My son loves going outside to play, drinking hot chocolate with mini marshmallows, and using his imagination to pretend the Polar Express might be coming.  Princess is content to be snuggling with mama or playing in the snow. As for me, it is a chance to slow down and enjoy being together at our home. Those are the days we make memories.  I have distinct memories of big snow storms over the years. The time we didn't have to take exams in high school because of  March blizzard, the big storm in our first apartment when our poor dog, Scooby, had no idea how to poop in that much snow ;o), or at our townhouse where we talked with neighbors while shoveling, oh yes and the time I got a week off from work in February 2010 when Emory was a baby. That was heaven for a new mama!

So what will I remember about this latest snow storm? Well of course the snow ball fights, the amazing beef stew we had for dinner and the things I already mentioned.  However, my best memory from this storm will be my husband tackling me in the snow and smoothering me with kisses as the snow softly fell.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment