Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Please Iet me not forget

You know how sometimes the most special memory can slowly fade away after time? I don't want that to happen to me so I am am writing it down so I can remember it always. Today is a "snow day" for us. Snow days are always special for us but even more now that we don't have as much time all together as a family.  Please let me not forget...

-Nick calling me yesterday afternoon to see what I was planning for dinner since it was supposed to snow.
-Him prepping for the coming storm by gathering wood right as he came home from work.
-The "snow dance" Em made up and had Daddy join. It was a slow swinging hip dance while singing "Snnoooww"
-Hanging with Nick while we waited for the storm to start, hearing the excitement in his voice when it started.
-Sleeping by the blazing fire.
-Snuggling in bed just the two of us as the snow continued to fall.
-The excitement as Nick realized there was enough snow to warrant a "snow day"
-Snuggling with baby Leia as we waited for Emory to wake up, unable to go back to sleep ourselves
-Hearing E's entire mood change from crabby wake up boy to excited lovable boy once he saw the tons of snow
-Calling Grammy to wake her  up and talk about the snow.
-Breakfast together, the four of us

Snow days are an awesome opportunity to slow down and enjoy your family if you are blessed enough to be able to stay home. It's like God giving you a chance to not "have to" do anything.

Thank you for the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment