Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spend Free Month

At the beginning of March, I decided to enact a "spend free month" in order to cut down on my expenses and to prep for my pending furlough ( I will address this in a differnt post). I have done pretty well so far but I did "slip up" this week. It started with a work farewell event which was totally acceptable under tmy terms but it lead to...Wendy's on Thursday, a big salad on Friday, and a few new pairs of underwear at Target yesterday. While none of these things are outrageous, it showed me a what a slippery slope it can be to start to let go.  This "letting go" carried over at home when I avoided hitting Traer Joe's this week and let my meal planning slip. We ate out a total of three times since Monday compiled with my "slip ups" and NK's daily eating budget...I don't want to think about how much we wasted this week!  So what happens next? I am salivating to buy some organizational items, order a few things from Etsy, and to spend time with my best friend...AMAZON! However, I am going back to spend free. I had allocated $50 to spend on random things for myself in general so I am going to stick with that number and spend nothing else unless I find a way to earn money. Even if it means I have to wait to have Pho...man this is tough! So here is the plan for the week:

1) Make a meal plan
2) Go to Trader Joes and the grocery store
3) Pack lunch and snacks the night before
4) Use the Crock Pot at least once
5) Pick one room and organize/clean it top to bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment