Sunday, March 29, 2015

Post Winter Self and Making a capsule

I am a wanna be minimalist. I still like stuff but I just go through phases where I want less.  Sometimes I attack toys, sometimes household stuff, but normally it is clothes.  In line with this minimalist mindset, I have always thought the idea of a capsule wardrobe would be great for me. I would look at lovely pins and think how cool they were but couldn't imagine how to get this out of my own clothes.  Yesterday, while getting ready for a Easter Egg hunt I was totally pissed off that my fresh out the dryer jeans made me look like a squeezed marshmallow (I might add I just bought these damn jeans and should have got a bigger size).  The adjustment to a few (more like 10ish) Winter pounds is causing me to feel not so great about some of the things in my closet. So after texting with my good friend, A, she offered me a a solution of doing a capsule wardrobe.  Now that is what I am talking about! Not only did she give me a solution but a project to distract my negative mind.  So after looking through some pins, I have decided on two work capsules and am working on one for my weekend attire because yoga pants and gym gear don't make me feel great.  Once I go through my closet, I will list the items I have picked out.

Oh and about that Post Winter Self, well I addressed some of that too.  Last night after putting the kids to bed, I treated myself to some home beauty treatments.  I did a deep conditioning treatment to my hair, plucked my own eyebrows (shocking), and gave myself a pedicure.  As for those extra pound that have collected around my belly and thighs, I have a plan for that too. It is called move your ass and eat less plan. ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment