Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My husband the "Woodsman"




As I may have mentioned, Fall is my favorite season. I love it, I mean really love it. To me, nothing marks Autumn better than the smell of the smoke coming from a chimney. We haevd a woodstove in our home now which he love. My hubby need only hear me mention having a fire and he is on it. As the cold months begin, he gets into full woodman mood even growing a full beard!
I absolutely love having a fire and we used it as our primary source of heating during last year's cold months which I have no doubt saved us a fortune. Of course there is a lot of time and effort that goes into getting wood to burn. NK is awesome, he has been getting wood ready for us since this summer. E's grandpa calls him everytime there is free wood available which is awesome. Just last weekend, NK and my soon to be brother-in- law cut down a tree in our back yard. Afterward, hubby went about cutting, moving, and splitting it all to get it ready to use. Just last night, we got the call that there is more free wood available. So this afternoon the woodman will be at work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment